• Customized Service-learning courses:
Students relate community-based service experience to course objectives using structured reflection and learning activities in a regular academic course.
• University-community partnership:
These partnerships are ongoing relationships between the university (department or faculty) and community partners in which students are involved in service. Each program is uniquely tailored to the objectives of the classroom.
• Internship, practicum, or field experience:
Students are placed in selected service sites where they work individually or in a group setting. Programs are structured to reach university and classroom goals. They apply their knowledge and skills to complete their classroom and/or community service hours.
TAKE A TRIP
CHANGE A LIFE
Caritas Smile, Take A Trip Change A Life program, works with university departments, student groups and faculty to combine instruction with meaningful community service experiences.
Our community-based learning programs in Dominican Republic and the US provides the following:
• Opportunities for students to make valuable contributions to communities through active participation in organized service experiences coordinated with the school and community.
• Structured time for students to think, talk, or write about their experiences with the service activity.
• Opportunities for students to use newly acquired academic skills and knowledge in real life situations in their communities.
Students can earn university credits for select courses may include but not limited to:
Service learning, business, language, political science. Caritas Smile programs are open to students and professionals in all disciplines.
Programs may involve a distance learning schedule depending if its a faculty lead program or individual internship. Students will read select topics related to the course, internship.
Depending on the program, course work will be supplemented with many lectures by various experts on community service, ecotourism, health services, women issues and education. Students will have the opportunity to explore various sites in a few small cities and rural areas. A writing journal will be given to students.
The study abroad programs with Caritas Smile might be eligible for credit with your university as well—you can possibly count a practical course, a service project, a study abroad requirement, or a language class. Consult your university to confirm the prerequisites—then connect with the team at Caritas Smile to put together the right program for your needs!
Develop by Comminty Networker